Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksforgiving!

When my brother Justin (who at 14 months is my "Irish twin")  and I were little kids, he insisted on calling the fourth Thursday of November "Thanksforgiving," because we are "giving thanks for giving."

There was no persuading Gus that he had the name wrong, but screw it. Semantics. Unfortunately, Gus won't be making it to Massachusetts this year, so in his honor I will make sure to keep the Thanksforgiving tradition alive.

I am thankful for Hadley giving me Nyquil and ginger ale yesterday, and that I am almost all better after a two-day bout with some sort of aching sickness; I am thankful for the M60 bus for giving me a speedy ride to LaGuardia so that I can spend the next 108 hours in jammies with my sisters Katie and Maddie, my baby broseph Jack, and the family's beloved mini-dachshund, Klaus. I also want to thank Capt Teebs and Seannah-nah for giving me deep fried turkey and oyster stuffing, and two younger siblings who are now old enough to start doing the post-Thanksforgiving dishes by themselves. And most especially, I thank the lord Jeebus and I guess also the US Government for giving me a few days holiday away from the city, where I don't have to be reminded that I have $13.09 in my bank account until November 30th. Ahhhhhmenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment